Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Strawberry Butter vs. Strawberry Butter


When I was looking for a recipe for Strawberry Butter (see last post), I couldn't find any at first that were for cooked pureed strawberries. What I did find was a couple dozen recipes for "strawberry butter". Basically, it's butter. With strawberries. Pretty simple, and sounds delicious.

Obviously, you'll need some butter. I'd recommend using the real deal for this. Just basic salted butter. Also, you'll need some strawberry stuff. I saw recipes that used real, whole strawberries and some sugar. I saw recipes that used crushed fresh strawberries and strawberry jam. I saw recipes that just used strawberry jam and butter. I think it pretty much will work however you choose to make it.

Of course, if you've got a batch of lovely homemade strawberry butter on hand, you could mix that in.

What you want to do is let the butter sit at room temperature so it is soft but not melted. Then mix in as much strawberry ingredient(s) as you wish. When you're done, you've got strawberry butter. It's sweet, creamy, salty- all mixed up in one.

Excellent on pancakes, waffles, toast, and of course on hot biscuits. Just thought I'd give you a choice of what sort of strawberry butter to make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment